Saturday, November 10, 2012

Heading Back to Bison Hill After 10 Years

Greetings, friends!  I want to give a quick update before I drive to Shawnee for the day's festivities.

Last night, I had the amazingly good fortune to sit with Rev. Steve Graham on my flight to OKC.  Steve is a native Oklahoman who has returned from an eight year stint with the national Cooperative Baptist Fellowship in Atlanta to begin a position as coordinator for the Cooperating Baptist Fellowship of Oklahoma.  Steve and his bride were returning from a trip abroad, and we were able to talk and strategize for hours about how conservatives and moderates can resist the worst effects of fundamentalism in Oklahoma Baptist life.

This morning, I'll attend an alumni chapel service in Raley Chapel.  Will I have to scan my ID to verify my attendance!?

My class year (2002) has a reunion lunch today.  I hope to see a few familiar faces.  My face is a lot fatter than it used to be...

Also, there's a basketball doubleheader this afternoon.  My friends and I used to argue about whether or not it was unchristian to yell at the referees.

There's also a musical performance tonight.

I can't wait to see how Bison Hill has changed in appearance over the past decade!

Remember, all who live in the area are invited to two meetings tomorrow.  First, Save OBU contributing editor Veronica (Pistone) Risinger ('11) will be meeting with current students and other people in the student center Sunday afternoon from 1:30 to 3:30.  And we'll convene a Save OBU strategy session at 4:00.  Meet in front of the library, and we'll proceed to an indoor location.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter (@SaveOBU_Blog) for updates throughout the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We invite you to join in the conversation. However, anonymous comments are unwelcome.