Thursday, August 2, 2012

Our Recent Hiatus

Greetings to friends and foes alike!  Our regular readers will by now have noticed that there have been no new posts in almost three weeks.  I wanted to take a break from blogging this summer, but I should have let everyone know what was happening.  I was pleased to leave my interview videos with Bruce Prescott on the front page, but I didn't realize so many of you would be wondering what happened to Save OBU after more than 7 months of almost daily blogging.

To answer your questions: No, the BGCO's lawyers have not threatened me.  It's still a free country, after all.  No, I'm not ill.  Veronica is also doing great.  In fact, she is getting married a week from Saturday!  For my part, I have been enjoying time with my 3 1/2 old daughter, Amelia.  We are presently in Florida introducing Amelia to many friends and relatives, including her great-grandparents!

In the weeks to come, I'll be releasing the results of our survey of Oklahoma Baptist pastors and church ministry leaders.  We'll also be unveiling Save OBU's new Advisory Board.  With any luck, this month will end the first summer since 2009 that OBU did not unethically force out a professor.  With your help, we'll continue to stand for excellence in Christian liberal arts education and expose and oppose all attempts to thwart academic freedom and the institutionalize fundamentalist-inspired personnel practices or policies at our beloved Oklahoma Baptist University!

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How has OBU "unethically" forced out a professor? There was one who was forced to resign due to a moral failing and divorcing his wife.
    Yeah, keep on blogging. You're following is quite small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so obviously have no clue what you are talking about. I suggest you go back to your source and clear it up, lest he continue slandering an innocent person and you keep spreading a libelous lie. Both of the religion professors who were forced out were denied rights afforded them under their contracts and the Faculty Handbook. Sure, a private institution can discriminate in hiring. But once it is party to a contract, it has certain obligations. Obligations which OBU's new administration shamelessly ignored. OBU is lucky to have avoided expensive and embarrassing lawsuits.

      Delete
  3. First of all, I'm not slandering anyone.I know people who are very aware and familiar with what went on. These men you would know too and I am sure you would not accuse them of slander. Second of all according to someone I spoke to who works at OBU, OBU's enrollment is growing, salaries have been raised, there is more progress, and there has been more strategic planning now than there had been over the last 15 years.
    I have said several times, I disagree with just about everything on this blog. I am tolerant of your view and opinion, simply put you are just blogging opinions and frankly the facts are few.
    YOu should be tolerant of the position OBU holds today. It is growing, it is prepared for the future.
    Alumni, Faculty and Administration are always going to have problems. W

    ReplyDelete

We invite you to join in the conversation. However, anonymous comments are unwelcome.